Tales from the front lines of running a small residential property management business: leaks, tenants, crawlies, and more...

Friday, January 18, 2013

DO PIGEONS CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS ?

I came back from the Christmas break to find this :





One of the shit-hawks from a previous post left this world over the holidays. (Despite the fact that it might appear to be sleeping, this bird is in fact dead. It is dead and frozen to the corniche in front of my office).

The funny thing : although there is a lot of pigeon poo in this picture, the birds have stopped hanging out over my facade ever since one of their dead brothers or sisters got itself frozen to the building.

This leaves me with a sort of dilemma. The cadaver is a macabre and repulsive thing to have perched over my place of business. It's not a good omen (I'm sure - isn't there something with dead birds?). Regardless of the supernatural overtones, this is not exactly the kind of marketing tool you want people associating with your corporate brand.

However, this dead-as-dodo character is serving a useful purpose. Like a head on a spike, he's deterring the other birds from hanging out over the sign and taking their dumps on it. Not to mention he's frozen there. I would actually have to go up the ladder with a bucket of hot water (it's -17 today) in order to unstick him!

So : to remove the bird or not the remove the bird. That is the question !

**Sigh**

What to do? Advice anyone?

5 comments:

  1. It's just pining for the fjords.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real lot of useful info here!These are all great comments here. Very cool article.
    Web Developers Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am surprised why other specialized don’t perceive your site I’m greatly cheerful I discovered this. Cristin

    ReplyDelete